Arts sidelined

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 15:26:31 PST

I keep thinking that at some point, people will realize that the arts
are important.
I hope it is not after a generation of not having arts offered in the
schools when everyone finally gets the realization. I still think that
colleges of education need to
do a better job of stressing the arts as an important part of learning(
in learning all subjects)- Some of the people that I work with are the
LEAST supportive of the arts- and they're EDUCATORS! But I also see a
lack of reverence for education in general. Look at school funding.
Education is just not a priority in our country- Our community is
griping about building a new middle school when the old one has walls
cracked and falling, and is at least 60 years old.
Just my 2 cents.
Betsy

It's not only us
Apparently the cuts in the arts are universal

> Schools schedules sideline the arts

---