Re: anime and manga

---------

From: Jane Phelan (jane.phelan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 08:21:57 PST

Hello everyone, spring time greetings

I'm preparing for a one-afternoon family arts workshop related to Asian
culture, Cherry Blossom festival in particular, mixed ages & genders.
What would anyone recommend to have available for drawing anime & manga
characters and/or "storyboards"?
The kids won't spend much time, maybe 15 minutes to half hour, so I need to
stay quite basic.
I have "big" paper, markers, some examples (from Gilles Poitras's "Anime
Companion.") I know many of you have talked about the mania for manga among
your students, so I wanted to tap into your experiences to get the most out
there for the kids without overwhelming them.

I'll be grateful for your most welcome suggestions--most welcome, yes!

For peace,
Jane

---