re: firing questions

---------

From: Marcia Lavery (miss_lavery_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 22:33:40 PST

Mending bone-dry clay: what I do is put some vinegar on the dried piece, score it a lot, add some slip, add some more vinegar, then attach the other piece. For some reason, the vinegar really makes it stick. This has saved sooooo many broken clay pieces!! I really recommend trying it, especially when YOU break the piece accidently when loading the kiln. :) Marcia L