Firing questions

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 10:10:13 PST

1. Should you use newspaper as support or thin newsprint?

2. Can wire be fired with clay?

3. Can you fire bisque and glaze together?

4. I have a kiln sitter with auto shut off, was told all I
needed was the junior cone, I have used it this way in past
with success. Cone was bending accurately. Now with the first
few fires this spring, cone is not bending but does appear to
fire accurately. What could be happening.

5. Is there a way to adhere non-bisqued clay together that has
air dried before you do a bisque firing.?

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Director of Visual Art (K-12)
Bryan Texas
austart@bryanisd.org