Strange Times

---------

From: Dennis Golombek (dennis_golombek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 08:04:24 PST

If having the war in Iraq isn't bad enough at school we face the unusual
situation of having our contract expire at the end of June and a school
budget vote with approximately 40 teachers to be cut. What becomes strange
is that we might be better off without a contract for a while because the
present contract stays in place and we all go up our steps and if the budget
is rejected by the voters the contingency budget that would go in place
gives more funds than the original budget. This is a situation where saying
"No" could mean "Yes."

Dennis
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#003300>Dennis Golombek </FONT></DIV><FONT
color=#003300>Lowry Middle School </FONT>
<DIV></DIV><FONT color=#003300>North Tonawanda, NY </FONT>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#003300></FONT></DIV><FONT
color=#003300>http://www.dgolombek.net
<HR>
</FONT></DIV></DIV></html>