RE: art room lighting

---------

From: Lori Graham (graham24_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 11:33:44 PST

Hi Remodelers,
You might look at GE's SPX fluorescent light. In fact, go the the General
Electric website and there may be a suggestion for special fluorescents for
use in an art room. GE, Sylvania, and Phillips all make color corrected
"lamps" as they are called in the trade. Retrofitting for track light may
not be allowed in your school due to code requirements. Fluorescents use
less electricity and do not create heat. Check into the specially
engineered lamps, and I am sure you will get a beautiful light for your art
room.

If all else fails, look up the website for the Illuminating Engineers
Society. They are wonderful people who really know their stuff, and they
may be able to give you specific suggestions.

Lori

---