middle school instructional time

---------

From: FRANCIS REDFERN (nredfern_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 04:04:51 PST

I know this subject has been discussed, but I could not find relevant
posts in the archive. So, bear with me....
My prinicpal is asking us to check out other school's scheduling of
instructional time. Presumably to improve our performance but we are
also facing budget cuts and staff cuts, as many districts are.

We currently are on an 8 period day, each period 45 minutes long. WE are
considering a 7 period day, various block schedules etc.
Does anyone out there have a schedule that seems to suit most needs?

Nora

---