Re: New Chinese Calligraphy resource online

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 15:03:05 PST

This site is a fantastic resource.
        http://plaza.ufl.edu/pzhu/project/proj/index.htm

> If any of you have the time to review her site and want to answer a few
> questions I have listed them below. You may direct your replies to
> pzhu@ufl.edu.

> 1. What is your overall impression of this site, such as layout,
> design, content, and navigation? What part is the most interesting
> to you ? why?

Layout is very intuitive and it is easy to navigate.
I plan to use it with my 6th graders. We have done calligraphy before
but this site give me new insight.

> 2. Would you teach this lesson to your students? If yes, why and to
> which grade level? If not, why?

Yes, 6th grade art class

> 3. How does it help you to teach art, or art from another cultural
> perspective?

The story on the origination of writing and the unicorn alone is worth using.

> 4. What more do you want to know about Chinese art and education?
> What else might be added to make this site more helpful for your teaching?

I can tell more after using it in class.

                                        Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
in powerpoint format, on one CD $15