Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: teaching photography

From: Pam Signorelli (psignore_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 12:53:09 PST

I have found that you can make a b&w print from color negs but with
varied results.
Because the negatives are usually that redish color, they are more
dense and the light takes longer to get through them. The pictures are
usually pretty gray, hard to get good contrast.

I look forward to hearing the results others have had with this.

Subject: teaching photography
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:15:16 EST

I may be teaching photography next year and am wondering if one can
print off
of color negs to make b/w prints (using b/w chemicals and papers of