Student work selected for publication

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 10:01:15 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I am pleased to announce that the following students have been noticed by
Harcourt:

STUDENT WORK SELECTED BY HARCOURT PUBLISHING COMPANY

These students are great artists and Harcourt wants you to know about it.
Kaela from St. John Central School in Marietta, Ohio has had her paper
mosaic selected for publication. Kaela's teacher is Keri Seevers. See all of
the work from St. John Central School. Kacy from Ridgemont Elementary in Mt.
Victory, Ohio has had her Grandma Moses inspired snow scene selected. Her
teacher is Marianne Galyk. Kacy received $100 and her school received
$50.00. See all of the work from Ridgemont Elementary. Sounds like it "pays"
to put your work out on the Web! Find out more about showcasing your work
on Artsonia.

To view their work - go to:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/news/artnews.html to get the
hyperlinks. (Artsonia loaded very slowly for me)

Also added to "Art News:

WAR IN IRAQ- ONLINE RESOURCES FROM TEACHERS FIRST

TeachersFirst has created an extensive page of resources and web links that
we hope will help you and your students in dealing with events both in the
Middle East and here at home. This page includes content for all grade
levels, several articles specifically for teachers and parents, and a large
stock of reference material that will provide older students with background
on how this conflict evolved. There are also numerous links to ways in which
your students can help show their support of the Americans engaged in this
conflict. Our Conflict in Iraq page is available at:
http://www.teachersfirst.com/iraq.html

Send me your "Art News" to share. I will post it to Art News and share with
the other list serves.

Judy Decker

---