Re: non-objective modern artists who worked to music?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 07:16:02 PST

Oh Mark, now you've done it! I was working so hard on my altered book lesson that I pretty much ignored this thread. Now I am inspired to try something similiar and will have to go to the archives (or see how full my deleted folder is - I empty it pretty regularly) to see what I've missed! Great idea!
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

  I think this time I'll have them create a variety of types and qualities of line by drawing to music with sumi brushes and ink on textured watercolor paper.

  When the ink dries they'll practice the concept of color value by gradually varying the density of oil pastel in-between their ink lines.

  Later we'll turn it into a complementary color lesson with the use of watercolor in complementary colors....the oil pastel resist effect creating an interesting patina in the finished piece.

---