Re: Hard edged painters

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 06:49:41 PST

Hi, Ken,

Here are some artists and specific works I've used when I teach
non-objective painting (if you still have my Pictorial to Pure handout
from my 1997 presentation you'll see the same list).
Mondrian--lots of his, showing the progression from realistic to
non-obj.
Ellsworth Kelly--Meschers; Atlantic
Bridget Riley--Current
Victor Vasarely--Yak

Also, Frank Stella, Barnet Newman, and Kenneth Noland. If there's time,
I could lend you my slides of Mondrian's work as well as Kelly's two
works, along with photographs I took of real-life possible influences.

Maggie

Bicyclken@aol.com wrote:

> Do you know of any hard edged painters and places where I can get some
> pictures of their art?

---