New Resource on Chinese Calligraphy

---------

From: craig roland (rolandc_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 05:33:37 PST

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Penghua Zhu, a UF graduate student from Beijing China, has developed
an online resource on Chinese calligraphy, titled "From Beginning to
Eternity" and is seeking feedback from practicing art teachers
regarding the content and usefulness of the site. It is located at:

http://plaza.ufl.edu/pzhu/project/proj/index.htm

For those who have the time and interest, I invite you to visit her
site and respond to her directly via email at: pzhu@ufl.edu. She is
interested in responses to the following questions:

1. What is your overall impression of this site, such as layout,
design, content, and navigation? What part is the most interesting
to you ? why?

2. Would you teach this lesson to your students? If yes, why and to
which grade level? If not, why?

3. How does it help you to teach art, or art from another cultural perspective?

4. What more do you want to know about Chinese art and education?
What else might
be added to make this site more helpful for your teaching?

Any assistance you can offer Pehghua would be appreciated.

Craig

CRAIG ROLAND Associate Professor of Art Education
School of Art and Art History - University of Florida
PO Box 115801, Gainesville Florida 32611-5801
Art Ed Office: 352.392.9165 Fax: 352-392-8453
http://grove.ufl.edu/~rolandc/homepage.html
@rt room: http://www.arts.ufl.edu/art/rt_room
art junction: http://www.artjunction.org

---