altered books

---------

From: Journaler (journaler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 04:46:48 PST

Hi everyone, I've just been catching up on this wonderful list after many
months. To re-introduce myself I don't teach in public school, but I teach
an after school special (ed) arts class for teens, and I also teach women
and their children in a shelter. I'm always on the lookout for "special
arts" projects.

I've worked on several altered books, but unfortunately don't have a camera
at this time. I didn't cut out the pages shadow-box style, but rather
altered them with paint, collage and other materials. I've also worked on
some round-robin altered books and that was neat too. You might want to
take a look at "The Humument" which offers a very different approach.

http://www.rosacordis.com/humument/

Michele

---