Re: Hard edged painters

---------

From: Mark Alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 04:29:18 PST

Check out these color field painters...some of them used hard edge:
Mark Rothko, Helen Frankenthaler, Barnett Newman, Morris Louis, Gene Davis, Kenneth Noland, Thomas Downing, Howard Mehring
 Bicyclken@aol.com wrote: I am going to start a nonobjective design using color schemes and hard edged painting using architectural structures as a start. I wanted to show some hard edged painters such as Frank Stella and I just went blank. So I thought I would ask the group for some assistance.
Do you know of any hard edged painters and places where I can get some pictures of their art?

thanks,

Ken Schwab

Art teacher, Leigh high school, San Jose, CA
website: Leigh Art ---