Altered Books

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 15:25:31 PST

Has anyone made altered books with their class? During our construction last year our librarian went nuts cleaning off her shelves. I had no idea what to do with them, but I knew there must be an art project in there somewhere and took 2 large boxes. And now I have discovered the idea of altered books (where have I been?). If you've made them with a class what requirements did you have? How did you approach the assignment? Did you use anything specific for motivation? I'm working on one of my own right now and keep coming to standstills as I wait for paint or glue to dry, so I'm thinking I will have 2 projects for them to work on simultaneously. Any ideas that relate to this one, yet won't make the students feel like they are being repetative? I'm rambling, but I am excited about the possiblities on this assignment. I'll definately have to do more research, but I keep getting sidetracked by neat sites! :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

---