Re: [ArtsEducators] Literature used to teach art - please post

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 08:26:15 PST

Actually, this link is now technically inaccurate. I archived my old lessons
page. If you are partial to the way it was it is at
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlesson_archive.html . The old URL
still works, but it is the updated version:
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessons.html . I took everyone's
suggestions: enlarged the font, fixed the broken links, eliminated the
wrap-around links. I added another theme - Multi-Cultural. Know that the
"original" lessons are by grade level. The themes are repeats, just
organized differently. I still need to do some tweaking, but it's more for
my preference. The new MS/HS links page is at
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/hslessons.html . I will see about adding
more lessons to that page eventually. I had a question about the photo
quality on some of the pages - some pictures are from the old days of
scanning the artworks. Others are from my old digital camera along with
outdated software. I bought a new photo editor and I am noticing a
difference in quality, so the newer pages have better photos. Does this make
sense? Anyways, I appreciate everyone taking the time to pop over to my site
and offer suggestions. :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> I would like to add more resources to my site and to Incredible Art
> Deaprtment. Please post literature you have used in your classroom. I know
> elementary teachers use a lot of children's books. I would like to have
> those lesson plans whenever you get the time. Michal has some on her site
> and I will link to those.
> http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessonsnew.html

---