Literature used to teach art - please post

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 07:44:16 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Ellen Sears posted two books to the Getty list to use for teaching ceramics:

The Single Shard by Linda Sue Park last year's Newberry winner - great job
with
description etc on Korean Pottery in the 11th/12th century
http://makeashorterlink.com/?F21F112E3

As a result of Ellen's previous post about this book, I added links to my
site on Korean pottery:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/ceramics.htm#general

The other book is The Pot That Juan Built by Nancy Andrews-Goebel (illlus by
David Diaz)
http://makeashorterlink.com/?C26A642E3 (ask off list if you want her review
of this book mailto:Jdecker@woh.rr.com)

I will be searching for more links for Mexican pottery today (I have one
link to Oaxacan pottery now)

I would like to add more resources to my site and to Incredible Art
Deaprtment. Please post literature you have used in your classroom. I know
elementary teachers use a lot of children's books. I would like to have
those lesson plans whenever you get the time. Michal has some on her site
and I will link to those.
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessonsnew.html

I am in no rush for these resources -- just keep it in mind as you pull out
books to use that other art teachers around the world might want to know
about the resources. I will bring the topic up again over the summer.

Thanks in advance for all you share....and thank you Ellen.

Judy Decker

---