Re: Has anyone panted their table edges?

---------

From: Christine Merriam (ktownart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 18:33:11 PST

My classroom has tables which seat 4, so I drew a picture of the tabletop with 4 sheets of paper on it. Each paper has a different number. It has the tops of the chairs next to each paper,,,, and I now call on person number one to get the paints, person number 2 get the pencils, etc.... and Krista will know this one... each week a different person is in charge of the student agendas. Why didn't I think of this 20 years ago! Every child gets a job, the technique requires a little of the cooperative learning that our administrators like to see... kids always have to help each other read the map of the table to figure out who does what.

Chris Merriam,Kayenta Intermediate School