Re: duel certifications......

---------

From: Dennis Golombek (dennis_golombek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 17:55:01 PST

Here in New York you can also teach .2 outside your certification area. In
my district we have a technology teacher teaching a home and careers class.
An art teacher taught it last year so she could remain fulltime.

My certifications are in Art(K-12) and English(7-12) but was called on to
teach keyboarding one year to remain fulltime thanks to my principal who was
a good guy. As someone mentioned earlier about a MA in Humanities my MA is
in Humanities as well and I firmly believe that my background in literature
and writing is a big asset to being a better teacher. At times like these I
wonder if administrators think the same way.

Dennis
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#003300>Dennis Golombek </FONT></DIV><FONT
color=#003300>Lowry Middle School </FONT>
<DIV></DIV><FONT color=#003300>North Tonawanda, NY </FONT>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#003300></FONT></DIV><FONT
color=#003300>http://www.dgolombek.net
<HR>
</FONT></DIV></DIV></html>