Re: Funding for the Arts?

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 06:48:43 PST

For high school art, and for our students to be able to compete
with other students in art contest, I approached the board with
this. Give them a list of supplies students would need.
Usually around 30 dollars. Then I explained that when students
used tax payers money to take work home, eye brows raised. The
art fee was to relieve students from the large supply list.
Have you asked them to stop the elementary supply list? When we
can take 10 dollar fee and buy quantities and share, it saves
money. This helped for us. Without it, we would be doing
crayon. We have 8,000 dollars for 5 art teachers. We each have
around 150 students a piece.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Director of Visual Art (K-12)
Bryan Texas