Re: color coding tables - elementary

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 06:28:26 PST

At the intermediate building I coded mine by purchasing 4 different colored
plastic bins - 2 bins per table. Each bin has color coded supplies: Green
bin has 3 green pencils, 1 green pencil sharpener, 3 green handled scissors,
plus 3 glue bottles, 1 eraser, markers, and crayons. I have them do tub
checks periodically to ensure they have all their supplies. I have my "star
table" at the front of the room. I have popsicle sticks with their name on
them, with cups of sticks for each grade. I draw 2 names each week, and
those students become my art stars. They pass out portfolios, distribute
supplies, and help clean up. Their tub is different (had to improvise), and
has sparkly pencils, dual colored scissors and pencil sharpener.
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> Here's how I color code my tables: I have a large blue plastic bin on
each
> table which holds scissors, erasers and pencils. I tied a tiny piece
> (4 -5") of yarn - each piece a different color - around the handle of each
> bin. I tied a tied little knot. Maybe I'm just lucky, but so far, no
child
> has ever removed the yarn. Occasionally the bins at the tables get
> switched. The children don't like this and they always change them or
tell
> me about it.

---