Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: color coding tables - elementary

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 06:28:26 PST

At the intermediate building I coded mine by purchasing 4 different colored
plastic bins - 2 bins per table. Each bin has color coded supplies: Green
bin has 3 green pencils, 1 green pencil sharpener, 3 green handled scissors,
plus 3 glue bottles, 1 eraser, markers, and crayons. I have them do tub
checks periodically to ensure they have all their supplies. I have my "star
table" at the front of the room. I have popsicle sticks with their name on
them, with cups of sticks for each grade. I draw 2 names each week, and
those students become my art stars. They pass out portfolios, distribute
supplies, and help clean up. Their tub is different (had to improvise), and
has sparkly pencils, dual colored scissors and pencil sharpener.
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher