Funding for the Arts?

---------

From: Ann Ayers (art304_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 06:01:40 PST

Hi everyone,
We used to be able to charge "fees" for our high school art courses,
but, we've been informed that we can't do this next year. Our school
gives each art teacher (3) $666 for supplies. We each have at least
210 students per year. That averages to 3 cents per day, per student
for art supplies!
We are trying to get some facts together to convince our administration
that there are others out there getting better funding (I hope).
Personally, I think that this whole thing is a way to get rid of the
arts in the schools... So, my questions are - how much money does
your school budget for your art program and how many students does this
cover?
Thanks, Ann

---