Re: Job Opening in Cleveland area - and art show

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 21:35:31 PST

German and Art???????? Now there is a real specialty!
Here I am , up in the middle of the night trying to prepare for art and if I
had to prepare for German too I'd need another night. I guess I just
don't understand these duel certifications. How thin does one spread ??????
German and art I'd like to know who fills that one.
No wonder the system is so screwed up.

Patty
wondering about how one goes between major disciplines and still maintains
credibility in either of them. (without making oneself nuts) Job security
does not insure that the student is getting what he /she should. This
kind of shuffling of positions is becoming ludicrous. And, I understand
those of you that have offered the alternative of maintaining a position by
having a certification in another area. But what is lost? Where is the
heart? Something is really wrong.

> Subject: Job Opening in Cleveland area - and art show
>
> Joe Applebaum is unable to post to the list now --so he asked me to post
> this for him:
>
>>> Are there any art teachers who also have a certification in German? We
> may have a job opening this spring. It would either be a half time art
> and/or a half time art and half time German position.
> mailto:Joe.Applebaum@lnoca.org

---