Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

A must see Sculptural Ceramics site

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 08:05:31 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I spent some time last night and today "talking" with Beth Cavener Stichter.
She found one of my old posts to the Getty list a while back and wrote to
inform me that her Web address changed. Her site would be a great site to
show high school ceramics students. I personally love her work. If anyone
disagrees with me and feels her site should not be featured on "Incredible
Artists" - please direct those concerns off list
( )
Beth Cavener Stichter - Sculptural Ceramics. The sculptures she creates
"focus on human psychology, stripped of context and rationalization, and
articulated through animal and human forms." (some nude figures - teachers
may want to select images for student viewing)

What I really like - is that she tells you how she does it:

And I thought this was nice too - she is showcasing other artists on her
site: Marie E.V B. Gibbons
is featured on Incredible Artists this month.

I have a link to her site from:

Beth, too, has offered to "talk" to your students via email

I hope you enjoy her work as much as I did.

Judy Decker