RE: Creative ways to present art history

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 21:22:31 PST

That reminds me of a review activity that was presented in a 6-traits
workshop. You take a passage about any subject, format it so each
sentence has one line, and cut them apart. The students work in groups
to put the passage back in a logical order. Another activity that they
showed us that can be adapted for any subject is also fun and
incorporates writing. The teacher makes a list of facts, non-facts
(false facts), and opinions about a subject. Students work in groups to
organize the bits into the proper categories. Then they individually
write a paragraph using only the facts.

Kimberly

"At times you may end up far away from home. You may not be sure of
where you belong anymore. Home is always there. It's wherever your
passion takes you" Sheridan to David Babylon 5 "Objects at Rest"