Re: Creative ways to present art history

---------

From: Jenna Freck (jennarations_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 17:41:09 PST

on 3/17/03 5:33 PM, Jhirunrtx@aol.com at Jhirunrtx@aol.com wrote:

> One thing I did once was type up the information about the artist I wanted the
> kids to know, then cut the paper up into strips and numbered them. As the
> students entered, I handed each student a strip. The stood in a line, in order
> and took turns reading the information. I also had a complete handout for them
> to put in their folders. Janet ---

This post made me remember last year with the third graders....I dressed up
like Emily Carr (complete with exotic pets, not live) and prepared
questions about Emilyıs life for the class. They were a group of reporters,
and we had a ³press conference.² Each student asked one question...it
turned out well; I tried my best to stay in character and we had a few
laughs in the process.

:) Jenna in Alameda

---