Re: drawing and handwriting connection

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 16:46:53 PST

There are some teacher store books that are based on
this assumption. They are are called Draw,Write, Now.

I think that where this theory falls apart is that a
letter a is always going to have the elements that
make "a." When you introduce Step-by-Step drawing
books like these, creativity is nil; it teaches only
"one way" of drawing the "thing." A child can
successfull mimic the lines and shapes that make
"cow," but are left frustrated when standing cow need
to be a frontal view instead of side...