RE: Teacher burnout - more last words - and a solution....?

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 12:31:06 PST

I have a couple of ways to combat stress. We will be starting extended
day for students in danger of failing the TAKS test Monday after spring
break. This week I'm making a bunch of homemade "frozen" entrees. All I
will have to do is make fresh vegetables and salad each night, and zap
the main dish. It will save me stress, and money.

I went to the Texas travel site and made a list of nearby free or cheap
things to do - the Houston Arboretum, Galveston's Historic homes, Zoo,
Museums, printed out bike routes through my neighborhood, and made a
list of nearby parks. Rather than lapsing into semi-consciousness this
spring break. I'm making a point of getting out and doing these things,
with my digital camera and a sketch pad handy. Every weekend I'm going
to do something outside. This is the first time I've lived in an
apartment and I found I let myself get trapped in here with no yard.

Sincerely,
Kimberly Herbert

---