Re: Creative ways to present art history

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 10:29:02 PST

Another one:

Before taking an overnight trip to Chicago, I had students choose a topic
from my list (of stuff I knew we'd see). Each student had to make four
trading cards, like baseball cards, for their topic. We had a standard
template they could find on the computer. We printed up all the cards(30
students times four -- 120 cards) and made a set for each of the
participants.

Then, when parents were present at the at final details meeting before the
trip, we had students sit with their roommates (four to a group) and had a
Quiz Bowl about the facts on the cards. The winning team were declared
kings/queens of the trip, and got to have "first pick" of everything --
where to sit on the bus, bigger candy bars at break, choice of rooms.

It was good preparation and gave them a lot of information. We had lots of
carry-over, students spieling off information from the cards to impress
docents or peers. It got to be a game.

Christa

---