Re: Creative ways to present art history

---------

From: Judy Nagel (jdnag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 06:38:37 PST

Judy Nagel
Sax Arts & Crafts
jdnag@elknet.net
jnagel@saxarts.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: craig roland
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2003 8:07 PM
  Subject: Re: Creative ways to present art history

    Do any of you have any creative ways to present art history and information on artists that include alot of active participation. I have a hard time coming up with creative ways of presenting this info. that actively involves the kids and doesn't put them to sleep. I am doing a lesson on Surrealism and can think of all kind of activities after they know the info, its getting it to them that is hard. Thanks!
    -Michelle
    ---

  Michelle,
  This may not help you with your immediate need, but I suggest you get the following book. It offers lots of practical ideas for making teaching and learning art history more interactive.

  Getting into Art History
  by Annie Smith
  Barn Press Toronto Canada
  ISBN 0 9696953-1-4

  Craig
  CRAIG ROLAND Associate Professor of Art Education
  School of Art and Art History - University of Florida
  PO Box 115801, Gainesville Florida 32611-5801
  Art Ed Office: 352.392.9165 Fax: 352-392-8453
  http://grove.ufl.edu/~rolandc/homepage.html
  @rt room: http://www.arts.ufl.edu/art/rt_room
  art junction: http://www.artjunciton.org

---