Re: Creative ways to present art history

---------

From: craig roland (rolandc_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 18:07:39 PST

>Do any of you have any creative ways to present art history and
>information on artists that include alot of active participation. I
>have a hard time coming up with creative ways of presenting this
>info. that actively involves the kids and doesn't put them to sleep.
>I am doing a lesson on Surrealism and can think of all kind of
>activities after they know the info, its getting it to them that is
>hard. Thanks!
>-Michelle
>---

Michelle,
This may not help you with your immediate need, but I suggest you
get the following book. It offers lots of practical ideas for making
teaching and learning art history more interactive.

Getting into Art History
by Annie Smith
Barn Press Toronto Canada
ISBN 0 9696953-1-4

Craig

CRAIG ROLAND Associate Professor of Art Education
School of Art and Art History - University of Florida
PO Box 115801, Gainesville Florida 32611-5801
Art Ed Office: 352.392.9165 Fax: 352-392-8453
http://grove.ufl.edu/~rolandc/homepage.html
@rt room: http://www.arts.ufl.edu/art/rt_room
art junction: http://www.artjunciton.org

---