Re: a plea for auction ideas, please

---------

From: lin (lina_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 17:02:50 PST

on 3/15/03 11:08 AM, Bunki Kramer at bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us wrote:

Some good, cheap, smashingly wonderful ideas would be most welcome. Please
help with some ideas we can work on. Thank you. Toodles....Bunki ---

Every year our booster club holds an auction. It's amazing what parents and
companies donate. Teachers all sign up to contribute something. Some
examples are a slumber party for 6 friends, a trip to the movies and ice
cream for 2 kids, etc. I give an hour long art lesson for two. That usually
brings anywhere from $60 to $200. This year the "Specials" teachers (art,
music, pe, esl, gt, etc.) are preparing and serving dinner for 8. The GT
teacher is donating the use of her house and the rest of us are buying the
food, cooking and serving it. This usually brings in around $500 to $800.

Hope these ideas help.

Lin

---