Re: paint pump dilemna

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (arttucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 15:13:12 PST

I gave up on pumps entirely. Instead, buy plastic quart containers and
lids from Home Depot (about $0.89) fill 1/3 to 1/4 way up with paint,
insert spoon, model getting paint on "palatte" of styrofoam plate--which
kids have to cover with plastic wrap at end of lesson for next day's paint.
 I have used paint through four classes of 8th graders this way--and no
paint is polluted, non wasted.

At 11:21 AM 3/16/03 EST, you wrote:
>NOPE! I use them clean them out as I can, then throw them away. I buy the
>$2 ones from Sax, consider them a convenience and that they have a life.
>They can be cleaned out. I soak them in hot water and when they clogg, take
>them out, set them in a container of hot water and soap and pump that
through
>until clear.
>
>Good Luck!
>
>---