Art and Design - Online Textbook

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 13:03:40 PST

Dear Art Educators,

The following site may be of interest to high school teachers (maybe middle
school too). It is an online textbook designed for a college class. I
believe the instructor teaches textiles (I have a link on my Textiles page
too).

http://char.txa.cornell.edu/

Art, Design, and Visual Thinking - An Online textbook. An introduction to
visual arts and design that stresses the components of visual thinking and
visual language underlying design and the fine arts. Gives an overview of
different art media and cultures - with examples to illustrate (scroll in
left frame to see what all is available on this site). By Charlotte
Jirousek, New York State College of Human Ecology Cornell University.

Site is linked from:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/arted.htm
(under Art Education Resources)

Judy Decker