Drawing Hands - Common threads lesson plan

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 11:52:53 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I have added some additional links to my Internet lesson on hands. Students
usd this as a starting point to find their textile designs:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/hands.htm
This page is linked from my Internet lesson page. Every trimester, I had my
7th grade students start out with contour hand studies as an assessment
tool. We just turned them into a major project one trimester. See lesson
plan:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/7hands.htm
This was a mixed media project integrating technology - digital images of
textiles - collage papers and drawing.
I did this with 7th grade, but you could adapt it to other grade levels. One
list member used it with 5th grade (I think).
This is just one of many ways you can bring textile appreciation and career
education into a lesson (we talked about contemporary textile design).

There was a list member a while back who had his students draw hands signing
the letters of the student's name. If you are still on the list -- please
post your page for all to see.

I hope someone out there is able to use these files.

Judy Decker

P.S. I got the idea from a lesson by Bunki Kramer - see the great art by her
students: http://www.lcms.srvusd.k12.ca.us/newKramer/KramerMain.html

---