Two artists want to help your programs

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 08:36:01 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I have found that my students like to learn from practicing artists. We
communicated with several over the years via email. I have received positive
feedback from two practicing artists who like what were are doing....I
thought I would forward their services on to you. If they get swamped with
requests they may have to back off....but at least it is worth a try. My
students really liked the work of Nancyboy. I actually had him linked on my
site for a couple of years. Both of these artists are linked from IAD also:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/artists.html#5

From Stuart Semple (Nancyboy) culturalheretic@hotmail.com

>>".....I wanted to let you know that the Incredible Art dept is something
that I
would be happy to assist in any way I can. Whatever it is, in whatever way.
If there is any way at all I can be of use to your students, in any
capacity, do not hesitate to let me know. I would be thrilled to be part of
such a wonderful program as you have there...."

http://www.nancypop.co.uk/
Artist Stuart Semple
Contemporary artist Nancyboy (male artist from England). Critics are placing
Nancyboy at the forefront of young British art; his work is highly respected
and sought after.
From his bio: "..... Shortly after the show came another, followed by more
and the inclusion in some high profile auctions, in one of which a Nancyboy
panel was sold for 18,000."

Linked from:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/art-text.htm

From Sam Spiczka samspiczka@hotmail.com:

>> "Hello, I noticed that you linked to my website from your wonderful art
education site... Thank you for the nice compliment. May I ask, how did
you hear about my work? If you ever have a student project or something
where students may need to ask questions of an artist, I would happy to lend
a hand."

http://www.angelfire.com/mn2/sculptorsam/
Sam Spiczka Contemporary sculptor from Minnesota - wonderful abstract work.

linked from:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/sculpt2.htm

If you do use either of these artists in your class, drop me a line.... I am
just curious. I am going to find a way to feature each of these artists in
"Incredible Artists" in an upcoming month.

Judy Decker

---