Re: getting pinked

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 08:10:51 PST

In a message dated 3/15/2003 8:29:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jgrochowski@wi.rr.com writes:

> My sympathy to those of you holding your breath over being pinked. I went
> through that many years ago and remember the heartache it involved. My
> thoughts &prayers are with each of you.

We have had no pink slips in our Dept. at Leigh. Our district is laying off
40 teachers. Some with retirement, some others are being let go for in
competence and some because of the budget. The Gov. has not said exactly
what the cuts will be for next year so it has been hard on the districts to
plan. We have been lucky, however, 2 teachers of art district wide will be
lost.

I have only a few years left and now they are giving a golden handshake to
our district and I can't take it because I am not 55 until Sept. The older
teachers are leaving in order for the younger ones to stay. It is Chaos
right now.

Ken Schwab
Art teacher, Leigh high school, San Jose, CA
website: Leigh Art

---