Just When Things Get Good...huh?

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 05:48:55 PST

Well...we know its tough all over. Many states cutting budgets, layoffs and
so on. Our small district of 39 teachers and staff is looking at $300,000
cut for next year and have been warned of layoffs. With a wife on SSDI and
not able to work...living in a national forest...such would require to look
for a new job.

My superintendent nominated me for a prestigious Laird Foundation Award in
the Arts last year...and I received also a nice personal letter from our
state superintendent after her visit last year to our school. Doesn't that
figure, when things are going so well...things can still seem to go so
wrong.

My wife and I discussed the situation last night...and she could stay with
her sister or my stepmother a couple hours away. I just might head out west
to some art communities like Jackson Hole, Wy...Sedonna, AZ...Laguna Beach,
CA...etc., where initially after becoming empty nesters my wife and I had
intended prior to her disability. Strange to think that the fickleness
(sales and market) of trying to make it as a fulltime artist once again
would suggest to be more promising than teaching. Hahahah...I once thought
the art works as a supplement to my teaching, but now see my artwork as
something to fall back on! Crazy...

At anyrate...now begins that arduous task of preparing the credentials,
transcripts, letters of recommendation again. Ugh...

Hoping in the end...that it doesn't come down to such!

So there is no confusion, I'm not despairing...I trust in divine providence,
but shaking my head perhaps like many of you at our strange times and
circumstances! Other than our backwoodsy REAL men good ole' boy culture
mindset here in the northwoods, I've had a very good ride here and can't
complain! A toast of morning java to you all, hoping today finds you well!

Larry Seiler
My website-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
NAPPAP- http://nhstudios.com/NAPPAP/NAPPAPFrameSet.html

"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do!"
Edgar Degas

---