Re: a plea for auction ideas, please

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 17:00:05 PST

a plea for auction ideas, pleaseHi Bunki - I am constantly scouring Goodwill, Salvation Army, dumpsters (yes, I am a dumpster diver *G*), yard sales, and auctions. I pick up any junky furniture or frames that have any remote possiblity of potential. I have alerted all my friend. Letters home have worked. Another source for 5x7 plain frames is Dollar Tree (my new favorite store!). I picked up 5 the other day for a dollar apiece and have been playing around with different ideas. I use acrylic on all my stuff, and finish with a coat of polyeurethane.
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

I like the idea of painted mirror frames which would be easy to set up with a frame per table and have several classes work on them. The painted chairs are a good possibility too. My questions to those of you who have attempted this...what was your process? Sanding? Gesso or primer first? What kind? Kind of paint used? Sealer? Michal...I love your pictures of this. Where would you find unfinished frames cheap enough to work on? I know...thrift stores...but where ELSE?

---