salt dough

---------

From: Carolyn Keigley (carolyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 13:22:36 PST

Does anyone out there have this recipe? I've haven't done this in many years.
To all those whose jobs have been terminated or fear losing theirs, my
heart goes out to you.
You might think about getting another teaching credential until the budget
crisis is over. Art will come back and then you'll still be in the system.
School districts like hiring people with multiple credentials. I know its
not our love, like art but at least it is a job teaching.
I taught regular education, grades K-3 for 12 years and I found many
creative ways of teaching the 3 r's through the arts. It was fun and the
test scores went flying high, not to mention that you get those impressible
little minds and the opportunity of fostering creative thinking. I found
that made a huge difference given that you have the same children all day
and in my case for two years. Not only did I promote creativity in the
children but the parents became art educated and my most ardent supporters.
Parents requested my program so often that parent requests became an issue
and then other teachers began using the arts more in their classes. A
subtle way of advocating the arts.

---