getting pinked

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 09:37:47 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: Kathy Tickner <ktickner@byron.k12.ca.us>
>I just wanted to let all my Getty
> Friends know, that I got "pinked" slipped today. I have been and Art and
> Drama Teacher at this district for 15 years. Our Music/Band instructor, our
> 2 p.e. teachers, and 2 counselors all got pinked today.
> I'm trying to keep a good outlook, but it's hard.
***********************

Out of anyone I KNOW, I can't imagine YOU not teaching art. You have given
me so many wonderful ideas and you have such a sharing heart! If I can help
in any way or give you a reference or make a phone call...don't hesitate to
ask. I'd LOVE for you to come over my way...and you know that, don't you?

Pink slips are popping out all over my district too. All the middle/high
school librarians and counselors in our district are getting pinked. Elem.
music is being dropped and, of course, we never HAD elem. art.

I'm losing 3 art classes so next year I'll only have 3 art/3 math classes.
It's awful. Morale is low here and everyone's edgy along with the normal
"burnout" period of springtime.

Got my fingers and toes crossed for you!! Toodles....Bunki

---