Interesting article - New York Times - Art and Science

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 08:36:14 PST

Dear Art Educators,

There was an interesting article in Today's New York Times....relating Art
and Science. I am starting to save these articles and am finding larger
images to go with them. If you would like the files with images of work by
Joseph Wright of Derby (and a short bio) - send a request off list
(mailto:Jdecker@woh.rr.com )
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/todaysheadlines/
Art That Transfigures Science
By ALAN LIGHTMA
 In Joseph Wright of Derby's painting "An Experiment on a Bird in the Air
Pump," dated 1768, we see a stunning demonstration that air is vital for
life......

I won't bother you with all art articles in New York Times "Todays
Headlines" -- I will only post ones I save. I did save the Andy Warhol and
Vincent Van Gogh ones (but haven't found larger images for those). So I will
send those too at your request. This a way to bring art current events into
your lessons.

Judy Decker

---