Re: Paz, Pax, Peace-Vivian

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 08:11:04 PST

Hi Vivian,
   I am sending this to you and to the list. Last August when I was in
Edinburgh, Scotland, the Edinburgh International Festival held several
meditations for peace at St. Giles' Cathedral on the Royal Mile. Here are
the printed prayers: Words of Peace

Walk in peace. Be undisturbed and unperturbed:
all is in God's plan, never doubt this. Bring God
into your life, and you will see miracles.
Native American

May all the beings in all the worlds be happy.
May all the beings in all the worlds be happy.
May all the beings in all the worlds be happy.
Om Peace, Peace, Peace.
Hindu

If anyone sings of God and hears of Him,
And lets love of God sprout within them,
All their sorrows shall vanish,
And in their mind, God will bestow abiding peace.
Sikh

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be
called the sons and daughters of God.
Christian

God is peace, His name is peace, and all
is bound together in peace.
Judaism

It is incumbunt upon all peoples of the
world to reconcile their differences, and, with
perfect unity and peace, abide beneath the
shadow of the Tree of His care and loving-
kindness.
Baha'i

He it is who sent down peace of reassurance
into the hearts of believers, that they might add
faith to their faith.
Islam

May Peace Prevail on Earth
Masahisa Goi

If there is to be peace in the nations,
There must be peace in the cities.

If there is to be peace in the cities,
There must be peace between neighbours.

If there is to be peace between neighbours,
There must be peace in the home.

If there is to be peace in the home,
There must be peace in the heart.
Toaist

If we are peaceful, if we are happy we can smile
and blossom like a flower and everyone in
our family, in our entire society will benefit from
our peace.
Buddhist

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
Deep peace of the infinite peace to you.
Ancient Gaelic

From a pamplet published by the Edinburgh Inter-Faith Meditations for
Peace, organised by the
Edinburgh Inter-Faith Association and Dances for Universal Peace in
collaboration with
St. Giles' Cathedral.

           Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
           Art teacher, K-5, retired

If you have a translation for the word PEACE in any language - please send
it to me for an art project on this theme.

Thank you!

Paz,

Vivian

---