Re: portraits of famous people in history (grade five)

---------

From: David Meadows (dmeadows_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 07:46:42 PST

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 10:29:22 -0500, Geoffrey McClain wrote:

>Dear Listers,
>I've been asked by the fifth grade teachers at my    school to help
>their students copy portraits of famous historical    figures. I
>don't think I can inject much creativity into this.  Do    you have
>any suggestions?

Give them the Warhol treatment! Have them make six line drawings of each person on one sheet of paper, then go over them with very bright water colours (incorporate computers by having them find the image on the internet, then use Photoshop to convert them to a line drawing)

--
David Meadows, dmeadows@idirect.com on 03/15/2003
---