Re: portraits of famous people in history (grade five)

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 07:46:30 PST

Sky, what about having students choose an artist from the time period of the historical figure and paint them in that artist's style? Take the students photo posing as that historical person and have them transform themselves into that person by painting on the clothes, back ground, etc. Have fun with it and wow those classroom teachers and let your administrator know how you are integrating in the process! :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids
    I've been asked by the fifth grade teachers at my school to help their students copy portraits of famous historical figures. I don't think I can inject much creativity into this. Do you have any suggestions?
    Thanks - Sky in NJ

---