Architecture links page updated

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 09:05:40 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Patty (of ArtsEdNet) needed resources for architecture for her students so I
updated my page on architecture.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/architec.htm

I still need your help on sites that will really wow students. There is a
really fun site listed for elementary on Castles (National Geographic) and
one with cool flash on a Russian Architect for high school -- but I really
need more. Building Big (PBS site) is good for middle school. What
architects should I feature? Post good sites you have found to the list....
I won't tell you how long I spent on this already....but it was worth
it.....In my searches, I found a great site for Art Math Integration:
http://www.sckans.edu/~bridges/ (and added links to six other pages)

Bridges Conference: Mathematical Connections in Art, Music, and Science.
Bridges in Pictures from previous conferences. See the Resource Center for
sites relating to teaching art and math connections. Try Teaching
Mathematical Thinking Through Origami. Be sure to visit the online Museum to
link to some great art relating to math.
(I will include this next month on IAD)

Many list members have asked how they can return the favor for putting these
resources online....so I am going to tell you all. PLEASE as you use these
pages and find a broken link -- or a link that goes to the wrong
site....send me a quick email and tell me (mailto:Jdecker@woh.rr.com ).
Ninety percent of the time I don't know about it. I appreciate everyone who
has let me know. You can also help by letting me know what resources you
need the most so I know what to update. I have over 230 pages on the site
now.

Judy Decker

P.S. B.J. Berquist has many architecture resources in her Backflip folder --
I just couldn't get it toload for me this time so will try later.
http://www.backflip.com/members/bjberquist/5490360/page=1/sort=0/linkspp=25

---