RE: FW: HUMAN SHIELDS BRACE FOR WAR

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 04:48:17 PST

Follow the links to the iraqpeaceteam and look at their pictures.

Historically, an element of warfare has been to portray the enemy as an
"other". In our own century, the Japanese were small, yellow-skinned,
slanty-eyed, bucktoothed people (nothing like us!); the Germans were
large, emotionless, big-booted, cruel, goose-stepping people (nothing
like us!); the Russians were all cut from the small mold, without
individual personality and only doing what they were told (nothing like
us!). Today the Iraq's all have beards and turbans and are religious
fanatics who want to blow up themselves and everyone else (nothing like
us!).

So, follow the link - look at the pictures - see who we're going to be
blowing up. Some of you may react and say, "But take a look at the
faces of the people in the WTC." I agree completely. So, do the
actions of one fanatic justify the actions of another fanatic?

Personally, I don't think so.

Lawrence A. Parker
Philosopher and Educational Consultant

> What the world needs now is definitely a miracle.
>
> Linda

Perhaps the miracle will be people finally losing their fears of
authority and security and standing up for what is right.

---