Re: mosaic question

---------

From: Theresa Parker (tlparker77_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 23:20:38 PST

Kirstie -

I've done mosaic tables with students using stained glass cut up into
various sizes and shapes, depending on the design. I went to stained glass
places and went through their scrap boxes for much of the glass, which they
sold by the pound. It is labor intensive, but a beautiful result when
grouted with black grout. No one cut their fingers, perhaps because we had
a discussion about the possibility at the start. Incidentally, the tables
brought quite abit of money in at the auctions where they were sold.

Theresa in WA