Architecture help?

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 19:04:40 PST

Does anyone know a good interactive site on architecture styles?
or does anyone have a a good simple arch. lesson?

I teach a course (high school) called Why Man Creates. It's an appreciation
of the arts class and I delve into all areas of art. I'm planning my
architecture unit. For years I've been doing the same activity. I have
them design a Gateway/entrance to a building or area of choice by making
paper construction models. It's a good activity , but I'm tired of it.
This class is fast paced and I usually don't spend more than a couple of
days on the activity. Most of the kids are not "art" kids so I make the
activities about creative thinking and not slick products. Any ideas for
me?

(I'm going to be looking at the Gothic Cathedral, Gaudi, Frank L.Wright,
Gehry and the plans for the WTC memorial as I talk to them about
architecture. I'm looking for some kind of quick activity that brings the
imagination of all of these together.... somehow)

Thanks
Patty

---